Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 91

The first _real_ sign of spring


I think I look forward to the arrival of the Juncos more than any other sign of spring...well maybe the arrival of the Robins top it. I know that spring is officially here when they show up and this morning they did.

My day was off to an early start and when I headed into the kitchen for coffee I realized that I was hearing the undeniable chirp of the juncos. There are 2 here today...hopping around like tiny bunnies.

I also watched a Merlin come looking for breakfast...I heard it before I saw it. The melodic sounds of spring are filling my house and I can't help but be filled with anticipation.

When will they all show? Who will be first? The yellow rumped warbler or the fox sparrow? All I really know is whoever shows up next will be a most welcome sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment